Friday, August 14, 2020

I Made These 13 Realistic Animals And Plants From Paper (New Pics)

About a year ago, I posted about the insect sculptures that I created from Italian crepe paper. You all seemed to like them! Since then, I have created many more and I wanted to share a few of my newest creations with you. My work is mostly inspired by nature and the diversity of creatures that have evolved on our planet.

Let me tell you a bit about me and my work. I am a professional illustrator and paper artist from Germany. In 2017, I started to create crepe paper flowers and plants. Soon after that, I began to experiment with the medium to see what else I could make with it and made my first insects―an orchid mantis and a stick insect. Since then, I have refined my techniques to add more details and make them more life-like.

More info: faltmanufaktur.com | Facebook | Instagram | youtube.com | behance.net

Leaf insect (Phyllium)

I try to recreate the beauty and weirdness of nature in paper. I want to show people that species that are often disregarded and threatened due to human impact on Earth also have immense beauty and value. Some of these animals are also very rare, but decorative, so I’m happy to offer a cruelty-free option for people to enjoy these animals in their homes.

Axolotl

Emerald Cicada (Zammara smaragdina)

Monochrome Mantis religiosa

Beautiful demoiselle (Calopteryx virgo)

Spoonwing (Nemopteridae)

Canary-shouldered Thorn (Ennomos alniaria)

Large Emerald Moth (Geometra papilionaria)

Crested Gecko with Moth

Hercules beetle (Dynastes hercules)

Paper insect warrior based on Florian Biege’s character design

Ghost orchid (Dendrophylax lindenii)

Hellebores and peony

Anemones and aquilegia

Since I often get asked about my work process, here are a few WIP pics of the Hercules beetle. I hope you enjoy them!

Work in progress

I usually use Italian crepe paper, wire, glue, pastel chalk/paint. Sometimes I also use modeling clay for the eyes, cardstock for stability, cotton swabs or fabric scraps for volume.



from Bored Panda https://ift.tt/2E2YElX

No comments:

Post a Comment

IOC designs Solari workstation in collaboration with Gensler

Dezeen Showroom: trestle legs and a customisable, J-shaped privacy screen distinguish the Solari desk system, developed by Italian office...