Thursday, September 24, 2020

134 Heart-Warming Pics Of Senior Cats That You’ll Want To Pick Up And Hug

They might be getting old and grey, they might be slowing down and sleeping more, but our senior pets are still full of love for us. Even the most energetic and playful kittens will eventually turn into wise mini-panthers or venerable floofs.

The chilly time of the year has officially begun and we wanted to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, dear Readers. So Bored Panda collected the most wholesome and blessed photos of senior cats for you to hug through the screen. Scroll down, remember to pet your favorite elderly cats with an upvote, and share photos of your own cats in the comment section below.

And don’t worry, dog lovers, we haven’t forgotten about you. When you’re done enjoying this list, have a look through our earlier post about adorable senior dogs right here.

#1 Tiger Is 31 Years Old, And Is Still A Prime Example Of The Ever Loving Box And Cat Relationship

Image credits: reddit.com

#2 I Brought Home A Stray Cat When I Was 17 Years Old. I'm 36 Now. Every Time I Go To My Parents House, I Check To Make Sure He Is Still There And Give Him Some Extra Love Before I Leave. Meet Scooter

Image credits: reddit.com

#3 My 1.5yr Old Son And 14yr Old Cat Had A Moment This Morning

Image credits: reddit.com

Vet visits become more and more frequent when your cat gets older because new illnesses or hereditary issues will be popping up as the animal’s body wears down. However, even if your catto seems fine, it’s still important to go for regular check-ups at the vet around every 6 months. Better safe than sorry!

According to Cat Friendly, cats can be very subtle and sneaky when it comes to hiding their illnesses. So you have to keep a keen eye out for any unusual changes in their behavior, appetite, and mood.

Even if you think they might be small enough to ignore or not bother your vet with. The biggest indication that something’s wrong is when your cat’s weight changes drastically. The same applies to practically any pet and human being, too.

#4 My 19 Year Old Cat Just Found Out He Loves The Smell Of Lavender

Image credits: 3 years ago

#5 A Few Weeks Ago I Adopted A 12 Year Old Cat. She Buries Her Face In My Hand When She Wants More Love.

Image credits: reddit.com

#6 My Beautiful 18-Year-Old Girl Mia With The Eyes Of Sauron

Image credits: Martinpinne

Meanwhile, Cats Protection explains that elderly cats need extra care and attention from their owners to ensure that they spend their twilight years comfortably. Older cats will need more warmth and extra soft bedding.

What’s more, they might have difficulty getting to high places in their senior years, so consider providing stools, ramps, or ladders leading up to their favorite napping spots. Or you can keep picking your cat up and placing it where it wants to go. We’re sure your cat won’t mind that.

Older cats can also have difficulty looking after their coats. So to keep them gleaming and neat, spend some more time grooming them. It’s a win-win situation: your cat’s coat will look nicer, you’ll spend more quality time together bonding, and you’ll reduce your stress levels while you’re stroking your cat. No matter their age, cats deserve care from their owners to keep the happy days coming.

#7 My Grampie And His 20-Year-Old Cat/Sidekick Elvis. As My Grampie Says, “We’re Just Two Old Men Hanging Out”. This Picture Makes Me Happy And Sad All At Once

Image credits: dansheridan

#8 We Adopted An 11-Year Old Cat From A Chicago Shelter. He And My 13-Yo Daughter Fell In Love. This Is Them After She Got Back From A Week At Camp

Image credits: reddit.com

#9 My 23 Year Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#10 I Hear You Guys Like Old Cats. This Is Thomas. He’s 27.

Image credits: reddit.com

#11 An Elderly Cat Who Can No Longer Bird Watch Receives A Fish Tank Full Of Fake Fish To Watch From The Comfort Of His Bed :)

Image credits: reddit.com

#12 My Dad Built A Ramp So Our 20 Year Old Cat Can Still Get Into The Bed.

Image credits: reddit.com

#13 My Grandmother's 26 Year Old Cat (We're The Same Age)

Image credits: 3 years ago

#14 A 24 Year Old Cat. We Call Her The Immortal.

Image credits: reddit.com

#15 My Little Guy Is 20 Years Old And Still As Cute As Ever

Image credits: canuck5551

#16 15-Year-Old Blind Cat Snuggling Daughter's Toy Because It Smells Like Her

Image credits: ilovejackiebot

#17 This Is Our Savva. At The End Of March, He Turned 18. Apparently, His Hearing Is Pretty Bad, So He Meows Like Crazy Because He’s Bored. But He’s Family!

Image credits: Диана Гомзина

#18 Most Of Our Friends Don't Believe We Have A Cat. We Don't See Him Much Either As He Mostly Hides Behind The Bed. Today, While I Was Working, He Was Brave Enough To Come Out For Pets. This Is My 15 Year Old Cat, Elwood

Image credits: reddit.com

#19 My Grandpa Passed Away On Thanksgiving And No One Would Take His 18 Year Old Cat... So We Did. Welcome Home, Lovey!

Image credits: reddit.com

#20 We Would Take You To The Bar, But They’re All Closed. Happy 21st Birthday Mario!

Image credits: reddit.com

#21 I Was 23 When I Adopted Him. He's 16 And I'm Almost 40. Just The Sweetest Kitty

Image credits: reddit.com

#22 This Guy Has Been By My Side For Twenty Years Today. He Helped Me Through Some Rough Times

Image credits: reddit.com

#23 My Cat Is Now 20 Years Old. Here Is A Pic Of Her As A Kitten (Around A Few Months Old) And Now. She Has Always Been Tiny For Her Age!

Image credits: reddit.com

#24 That's Peter, My 16 (Or 17) Years Old Cat Who Normally Jumps In The Sink From That Chair. He Loves Milk, But Shits Himself Afterwards. Attacks My Girlfriend Every Night Right Before Cuddling With Her And He Screams In The Middle Of The Night. He's A Snob Who Hates Cheap Food.

Image credits: reddit.com

#25 Keeps Seeing Old Cats So Here's My 19 Year Old Friend

Image credits: reddit.com

#26 My 19 Year Old Cat Has Always Grabbed Her Leg When She Sleeps

Image credits: reddit.com

#27 2 Years Ago Today I Walked Into A Petsmart And Met A Cat Named Sonny Who No One Would Adopt Because He Was 13 Years Old, Covered In Fleas, Underweight, And Had A Mouth Full Of Rotten Teeth That Had To Be Removed. He Came Home With Me That Night And It Was The Best Decision I’ve Ever Made.

Image credits: reddit.com

#28 My 21 Year Old Cat, Tigs

Image credits: reddit.com

#29 Happy Birthday, Meatball. 17 Years Old Today And Still Acts Like He’s A Kitten

Image credits: CatOnMyHead

#30 My Old Man (19) Was Just Diagnosed With Kidney Failure. Prayers And Good Thoughts For Tigger

Image credits: PixelSypher

#31 We Posting Old Cats? My Guy Is 19

Image credits: reddit.com

#32 Me And My Old Bud Taking In Some Sun

Image credits: johnnygalactic

#33 This Is Katie, My 19 Year Old Cat. We're The Same Age As Well

Image credits: 6 years ago

#34 My 21 Year Cat. He Not Dead Or Anything. He Just Old

Image credits: reddit.com

#35 My 16 Year Old Cat, Yelling At Me From The Sink

Image credits: reddit.com

#36 Walked Into The Shelter And Asked Which Cat Had Been There The Longest... Came Home With A Deaf, Toothless Senior Lovebug. Reddit, Meet Cali!

Image credits: reddit.com

#37 My 16-Year-Old Good Boy Recovering From A Stroke

Image credits: kaikaikaikaikaikai

#38 20 Years Old And Still Knows She’s The Queen

Image credits: samsara42

#39 When Your Cat Is Pushing 20 Years Old, But Can Still Pull Off That Innocent Baby Look.

Image credits: reddit.com

#40 Two Best Friends Growing Old Together: How My 20-Year-Old Cat And 70-Year-Old Father Spend Their Evenings

Image credits: ap1215

#41 Old Lady Cat, Queen Pauline, Is 18 Today!

Image credits: reddit.com

#42 23 Years Ago, This Lady Arrived In Our Garden. Vet Said She Wasn’t In Her Early Years Anymore. Today, Despite Being Almost Deaf And Half-Blind, She Still Enjoys Some Sun And Being Pampered. Her Name Is Cléo

Image credits: reddit.com

#43 7 Years Ago I Wanted The Cheapest Cat Ever. All Of Them Were Too Expensive As A College Student. But They Said They Were Giving Away Cats With Fiv For $10. This 12 Year Old Bastard Is The Best $10 I’ve Ever Spent. And He’s A Magnificent Prick. I Present To You, Hank

Image credits: reddit.com

#44 This Is What A 29-Year-Old Cat Looks Like

Image credits: 5 months ago

#45 My 22 Year Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#46 My Grandmothers Comment On My Photo Of Me And My 15 Year Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#47 This Cat Is 26 Year Old. Her Name Is Lexi.

Image credits: reddit.com

#48 This Is Pippen. She’s 16 Years-Old (100+ In Cat Years). Still Being Awesome.

Image credits: reddit.com

#49 This Is My 17 Year Old Cat, Geo. He Still Looks Like A Kitten To Me I Got Him When I Was 10.

Image credits: 3 years ago

#50 He’s 13 Years Old And Was The Oldest Cat At The Shelter. He Sounds Like Gary The Snail So I’m Calling Him Gary

Image credits: reddit.com

#51 While Everybody Is Posting Pictures Of Their Cute Cats, I’ll Be Here With My Cat. This Old Man’s Birthday Was A Few Days Ago, 10 Years Old Now. Can’t Believe It’s Been That Long

Image credits: reddit.com

#52 My 18 Year Old Cat, Oscar, Just Experienced His First Home Move (Across The Country). Wasn’t Sure If He Would Make It, But He Seems To Be Doing Just Fine ?

Image credits: reddit.com

#53 Our 14 Year Old Cat That We Found Crying Under A Neighbors Truck When He Was 10 Years Old. He Was Chipped, But Unfortunately His Owner Had Died. Theo Is The Sweetest Boy.

Image credits: reddit.com

#54 My 22 Year Old Cat Noticed I Was Eating Doritos.

Image credits: reddit.com

#55 My 22 Year Old (Indoor) Cat Taking In The Outside World

Image credits: reddit.com

#56 My 17 Year Old Cat, Had Him Since I Was Born

Image credits: reddit.com

#57 Our 11 And 10 Year Old Cats In The Camper Van Traveling Form The UK To Portugal To Start Our New Lives On A Farm.

Image credits: reddit.com

#58 My Sweet 16 Year Old Cat Sophie ❤️ She’s Been My Constant Companion Since I Adopted Her 11 Years Ago.

Image credits: reddit.com

#59 Please Take A Second To Admire My GF's Beautiful 16 Years Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#60 The Cat Shelter I Volunteer With Has A Program That Brings Senior Cats To Visit Seniors In Nursing Homes. This Says It All.

Image credits: reddit.com

#61 Recently Adopted My New Senior Cat, Her Face Won It Over For Me

Image credits: reddit.com

#62 My Handsome 18 Year Old Pumpkin

Image credits: JanimalBananas

#63 Made It Back Home To See My Old Buddy Turn 21

Image credits: orange_wednesdays

#64 My 20-Year-Old Rebel. He's Been With Me Since 1999. Through Everything Since He Was 8 Weeks Old

Image credits: SpawnlingMan

#65 14 Years Old And He Still Looks Like A Kitten

Image credits: witchdagger

#66 This Happens Every Time I Go To My Barbers. He's An Old Kitty Now, And He Can't Miaow Anymore, It Comes Out As "Aaaggh!" I Always Let A Load Of Customers Go Ahead Of Me So I Don't Disturb Him. Time Spent With Cats Is Never Wasted.

Image credits: reddit.com

#67 A Very Very Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#68 I Met This Old Man Cat Today. He Was So Cuddly And Sweet!

Image credits: reddit.com

#69 My Old Girl Turns 21 In 1 Minute! She's Legal To Drink Cat Wine!!!

Image credits: reddit.com

#70 My Old Cat Summing Up The Typical Monday Morning Feeling

Image credits: reddit.com

#71 My 100 Year Old Grandpa And His 17 Year Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#72 16 Year Old Sapphire Does Not Approve Of Being Woken Up

Image credits: Rossii

#73 My Old Man Is Gonna Be 16 This Year. He's Still A Kitten At Heart, But Today Calls For His Favorite Bed Snuggles By The Fire

Image credits: reddit.com

#74 Bonya, 15 Years Old. My Retired Child...

Image credits: Lena Schei

#75 14!

Image credits: Inna Zagorulko

#76 This Is Abby, She's 22 Years Old And Can Barely Meow Anymore. She's Been In Her Share Of Scraps, Hence The Missing Bit Of Her Ear. But She's The Sweetest Cat.

Image credits: reddit.com

#77 My Cat Luna Is 19 Years Old And Is Still Doing Well!

Image credits: reddit.com

#78 He May Be Old And Wearing Down, But Bullet Used To Be The Fastest Cat Around. Now He's In Retirement, Living Beautifully.

Image credits: reddit.com

#79 This Old Gentleman Turns 17 Today. He Is Still The Cutest Cat For Me

Image credits: reddit.com

#80 Kisses In Exchange For Scratches From My 18y Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#81 Our Neighborhood Cat, George. He’s Blind In One Eye, 16 Years Old. Our Next Door Neighbor Bought Him A Collar, Neighbor Across The Street Feeds Him, We’re His Treat House. Recently He Chased Off A Loose Dog Because It Was Getting Too Close To My Daughters. He’s A Good, Good Cat.

Image credits: reddit.com

#82 The Farm Cat So Old, I Could Bring Him To A Bar

Image credits: 5 years ago

#83 If We Are Doing Elderly Cat Pics, My Girl Is Pushing 19 ?

Image credits: reddit.com

#84 18 Year Old Cat Bellie Sunbathing

Image credits: reddit.com

#85 My Extremely Tiny 17 Year Old Cat.

Image credits: reddit.com

#86 My Friend's 15 Year Old Cat. His Name Is Tree And He Has A Blep Almost 24/7.

Image credits: reddit.com

#87 My 19 Year Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#88 Meet My 18 Year Old Cat Bella

Image credits: reddit.com

#89 Here's My Sixteen Years Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#90 Woke Up To My 15 Year Old Cat Sitting On Me. Good Morning Frito!

Image credits: reddit.com

#91 My 17 Year Old Cat Tina Is Old, But Still Very Sweet! She Sits In My Dad's Lap Like This Every Morning

Image credits: reddit.com

#92 My 14 Year Old Cat Mid Sneeze

Image credits: reddit.com

#93 I May Not Be Perfect But I Will Love You. Give Senior Cats A Chance!

Image credits: reddit.com

#94 Another Senior Cat. Amon Turned 20 Last Month

Image credits: reddit.com

#95 Adopting A Senior Cat (15+) Was The Greatest Choice I’ve Ever Made. Happy 3rd “Birthday” Kuro!

Image credits: reddit.com

#96 Today Is National Cat Day So Here's My 18 Year Old Senior, Pizza

Image credits: reddit.com

#97 Adopted This Senior Girl Today. My First Cat And I’m Already In Love

Image credits: reddit.com

#98 I Still Can’t Believe That Our Sonny Lived In A Petco For 6 Months Because He Was “Too Old” And “No One Wants A 13 Year Old Cat”. We’re Giving Him The Best Life We Can And He’s Been The Most Gentle, Sweet Boy. Don’t Be Afraid To Adopt A Senior Cat, It’s 100% Worth It.

Image credits: reddit.com

#99 Old Lady 24 Years Young And Still Going Strong

Image credits: buffy112326

#100 One Week Ago This 19-Year-Old Wouldn’t Eat And We Were Told To Prepare For The Worst. Today She’s Gained 5 Ounces And Has Made It Clear She’s Not Done With Us Yet

Image credits: fundy3000

#101 My Snuggly 16 Year Old Girl Doing What She Does Best

Image credits: JokulFrosti

#102 This Is Manson. He’s 17 Years Old And Not Allowed On The Bed. Manson Gets Away With It For Obvious Reasons

Image credits: drurban

#103 He Is 19, But Never Too Old For Chin Scratches

Image credits: Max_Xevious

#104 This Is Oreo. He's 23. I've Had Him Since I Was 4 Years Old. I'm Now Almost 27

Image credits: khausken01

#105 Over 19 Years Old And Still Begging For Scraps

Image credits: electromagneticcandy

#106 My Cat Is 16 Years Old! She Still Looks Like A Kitten To Me

Image credits: reddit.com

#107 Meet Sunny. He’s 21-Years-Old And Still Kicking. My Grandfather Found Him In A Dumpster When Sunny Was A Kitten

Image credits: 123pignoliasDoReMi

#108 Lucy, The Oldest Cat Ever. Lived To Be 39 Years Old Which Is Estimated To Be Around 172 Years In Human Age.

Image credits: reddit.com

#109 This Is My Cat Tigger At 22 Years Old. He Was Born In My Sock Drawer.

Image credits: reddit.com

#110 Started A New Job And Inherited A 17 Year Old Cat Named Boots. She Is Always In The Way.

Image credits: reddit.com

#111 This Is Manya Aaand She's 16,5 Years Old. Since I See A Lot Of Posts Of Elder House Cats Here I Decided I Have To Post Such Myself. She Doesn't Have A Couple Of Teeth But Looks Like A Kitten And Is Absolutely Adorable

Image credits: reddit.com

#112 My Parents' Elderly Cat Discovered Their Recently Installed Heated Bathroom Floor. Saturday Morning Bliss.

Image credits: reddit.com

#113 15 Year Old Cat We Just Adopted. No One Else Wanted To Adopt An Old Cat But She Was Just So Cute

Image credits: reddit.com

#114 20 Year Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#115 He Is My 15 Year Old Cat And I Love Him ^^ I Hope He Brightens Your Day Like Mine Every Time I See Him

Image credits: reddit.com

#116 My Sweet 18 Year Old Cat Abner

Image credits: reddit.com

#117 My 17-Year Old Cat Olimar Moves Slower And Sleeps More, But He Still Makes Plenty Of Time For His Precious Boxes

Image credits: reddit.com

#118 My Wife’s 14-Year-Old Cat. Still The Friendliest Cat I’ve Ever Met.

Image credits: reddit.com

#119 This Is My 19 Year Old Cat

Image credits: reddit.com

#120 Our Kittens Love Our 13 Year Old Cat!

Image credits: reddit.com

#121 My 20 Year Old Cat Still Looking As Beautiful As Ever

Image credits: reddit.com

#122 My 20 Year Old Cat Proving She Can Be Just As Cute As Those Young Whippersnappers

Image credits: reddit.com

#123 I Work At A Cat Sanctuary And We Have Some Really Good Kneaders In The Senior Cat Room

Image credits: reddit.com

#124 This Guy Is 15. Who Says Senior Cats Can’t Play!

Image credits: reddit.com

#125 My 17 Year Old Cat, Smokey. He Is Still Very Active And Eats Like A Horse

Image credits: MeridianOne

#126 My Indoor Senior Cat Loves To Go Outside And Roll In The Dirt

Image credits: reddit.com

#127 Our Sweet Old Lady Knuckles Just Turned 17 -She's An Indoor Cat, But She Loves Sitting In The Garden With Us While We Grill

Image credits: PaperbackButterfly

#128 James Was Born December 2000. Happy 19th Birthday To Him

Image credits: mutakii

#129 "Lady, It's Been 18 Years, Do We Still Have To Take A Million Photos Every Day?"

Image credits: mainiacmom

#130 Six. He Was About A Year Old When We Got Him. My Daughter Was A Year Old Also. She Just Turned 25

Image credits: sinemike

#131 An Oldie But A Goodie, My Heeler With Our 16 Year Old Cat Before She Got Sick

Image credits: reddit.com

#132 I Saw This 15 Year Old Cat At A Pet Rescue. Her Eyes Were Really Cool.

Image credits: 5 years ago

#133 22 Years Old Today Amazingly...happy Birthday Widget, Our Last Remaining Family Cat Still Looking Handsome As Ever!

Image credits: reddit.com

#134 My 18 Year Old Cat, Stanley. He Is The Sweetest Old Man Kitty Ever.

Image credits: reddit.com



from Bored Panda https://ift.tt/2G9Dqne

No comments:

Post a Comment

IOC designs Solari workstation in collaboration with Gensler

Dezeen Showroom: trestle legs and a customisable, J-shaped privacy screen distinguish the Solari desk system, developed by Italian office...