Monday, October 26, 2020

My 57 Comics Show Common Struggles During Quarantine

Hey everyone! My name is Yasemin and I am a freelance graphic designer & illustrator based in Istanbul, Turkey. On the first day of the lockdown due to the corona outbreak, I knew I had two options. Either I was going to do a Netflix marathon for who knows how long, or I was gonna try to make lemonade from this situation with the sourest of lemons.

More info: Instagram | Facebook

#1 Ready For The New Normal

Given that, I decided to draw some comics about my feelings towards quarantine. After making one or two, I started to realize that many of my struggles are very common with almost everyone in the world right now! That feeling gave me great strength to move on, since I wanted people to have a laugh while going through endless bad news scrolling through social media.

#2 Thank You For Coming To My TED Talk

#3 Staying Home

Considering all that, I named my series "Struggles." I generally come up with ideas by observing my surroundings and checking in with my emotions. One day, this pandemic will end, but some of our mutual daily struggles will carry on. My goal with this series is to take a moment, find something funny about it, and have a little laugh about it. Hope you like the series—cheers!

#4 20 Minute Workout

#5 Put That Mask On Or Else

#6 Got My Ticket And Everything

#7 Roast Trips Are The Best

#8 Day 22

#9 From The Bedroom To The Kitchen To The Living Room To The Bedroom Again

#10 I Have News

#11 Time To Start The Day

#12 And Boom!

#13 Help Me

#14 Going Out For Some Fresh Air

#15 Marrying The Place Where I Keep My Donuts

#16 When You Forget To Bring Your Phone/Magazine To The Toilet...

#17 2020 Got Me Like

#18 No Potato

#19 Day 34: I Am Home

#20 Day 60 (Probably): One-Person-Band

#21 Me And My Gals

#22 Down To The Hole I Go

#23 I Love Oldies

#24 New Escape Plan

#25 No Corona For Me

#26 Cheers

#27 Mood

#28 Come On People

#29 Thank You!

#30 It Gets Hot In There

#31 My Remaining Patience

#32 Times Have Changed...

#33 What A "Month" It Has Been

#34 Welcome To My Time Machine

#35 Summer Plans

#36 Going Through 2020

#37 Traveling Made Easy

#38 Go Popcorns!

#39 Quarantine Part 1

#40 News? Hello?

#41 Mission Impossible

#42 Cooking At Day: 30

#43 I'm The Only One Who Does This?

#44 Grand Opera Here

#45 Say Quarantine!

#46 Welcome To My "Amusement Park"

#47 Day 7: Things Are Getting Interesting

#48 How Did That Happen?

#49 Be Safe, Stay Calm

#50 Silent Whispers

#51 Day 8: I'm A Wizard

#52 Quarantine Part 2

#53 Wow An Apple

#54 Therapy Time

#55 Keep Holding On!

#56 Summer Plans: Updated

#57 Oh No



from Bored Panda https://ift.tt/3koEjaX

No comments:

Post a Comment

IOC designs Solari workstation in collaboration with Gensler

Dezeen Showroom: trestle legs and a customisable, J-shaped privacy screen distinguish the Solari desk system, developed by Italian office...